Strategic Account Manager, Revenue Management Expert
The Account Manager (AM) is the customer advocate within TravelClick (TC) and serves as the primary point-of-contact for customers. The objective of the AM is to understand client needs/objectives, develop strategies and work in unison with our internal TC teams to execute against the projects and campaigns. The AM will increase sales and secure renewals through building value for TravelClick solutions and building strong relationships with our clients. The AM must have a deep understanding of the TravelClick portfolio of products and the hospitality industry in general. The AM works directly with their assigned group of customers to grow customer’s revenues as well as the revenues of TC.
The Account Manager is responsible for the successful on-boarding and steady state management of customers within assigned portfolio. The AM is expected to ensure that their customers are gaining full benefit of the TravelClick products purchased as well as to identify opportunities where other TC products may meet the needs of the customer. The AM is responsible for regularly providing their customers with proactive information on ways to optimize the use of the TC products which ultimately leads to improved revenue to the AM’s customers and TC. The AM also serves as an escalation point for their customers for concerns pertaining to services purchased.
The Account Manager will be evaluated on the overall performance of their assigned portfolio (i.e., revenue generation), customer retention and customer satisfaction/loyalty rating
• Responsible for total account management function, including increasing sales and securing renewals, serving as the central point of contact
• Responsible for all customer communications, conflict resolution and compliance on contractual deliverables
• Provide revenue management strategies and budget estimates in support of customers; drive effective strategies to achieve organic growth as well as expand business by creating value propositions to create opportunities proactively
• Oversee the development of the integrated business plans per property taking into consideration items such as booking patterns, customer profiles, competitive sets and all demand marketing channels
• Responsible for the successful on-boarding and on-going delivery of services to assigned customer base
• Reviews all major deliverables to ensure quality standards and expectations are met
• Responsible for the optimal use of purchased products leading to increased revenue from customer base
• Conducts regular account reviews with customers to ensure that customer’s goals and expectations are being met
• Ensures that the customer issues are being resolved in a timely manner and that all escalated matters are handled with a sense of urgency
• 3-5 years experience in a combination of revenue management, hotel eCommerce, and/or marketing/sales or providing services and solutions to hotels in revenue management, eCommerce, and/or marketing/sales
• Minimum Bachelor degree in relevant discipline (e.g., business, marketing, hospitality leadership, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
• Detail oriented with a bias toward action (project management experience preferred)
• Demonstrated ability in ensure achievement of client objectives and company financial objectives through understanding of client objectives and influencing and directing internal product and operations teams
• Excellent analytical, problems solving and troubleshooting skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
• Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills, sales skills and business acumen
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self motivated, goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment
• Computer proficiency in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, salesforce.com, etc.