Software Quality Assurance Engineer
This role will be responsible for ensuring the quality and stability of the software release candidates across all the GMS (Guest Management Solutions) applications. In this role, the QA analyst will work with a wide array of groups to understand the agreed upon business and functional requirements, how the functionality will used by our customers and how GMS applications integrate with each other, with other TravelClick applications and with external services.
· Designs and documents Test Plans which encompass the business and functional requirements specific to each application
· Organizes and records detailed test results; provides reports of results and project status
· Works with project teams through the design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements
· Logs detailed and accurate defect reports and follows the defects through to resolution and closure
· Analyze and identify the root cause of anomalies encountered by reviewing log files, Database tables, etc. Work with developers to resolve issues found
· Reviews other team members’ Test Plans as well as testing execution results
· Build and design test cases.
· Write and review accurate and complete procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
· Supporting the release and deployment of GMS products
· Ensures adherence to Information Technology project management methodologies; plans testing execution projects and provides labor and resource estimates; adheres to SDLC processes and procedures
Key Words: QA, Webservices, XML, Java, SQL, UI
· Able to multitask in a fast paced environment
· Able to quickly communicate details either written or verbal
· Able to work with remote teams
· Goal Focused.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field
About TravelClick GMS
TravelClick GMS encompasses a wide range of solutions for the hospitality industry. Our core team is located in Ottawa ON, in the Wellington West area, about 5 minutes from the transitway, close to restaurants, shops, banks and much more. Join us and be part of a highly motivated team that delivers high quality software used all over the world.