The Application Development Manager is responsible for leading the planning and development of feature enhancements to TravelClick’s customer facing administration portal. This role provides leadership to a team of Engineers, and oversees the participation of these engineers on individual projects. This role requires skills in leadership, planning, coaching, and the technical subject matter expertise necessary to deliver high quality customer facing systems. Skills include technical competencies in ColdFusion, J2EE, Angular, distributed computing, systems development, planning and project execution. This role directs highly technical engineers and requires detail level technical knowledge. This position requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams including application development, testing, operations, and project management as well as business customers and external vendors at all levels.
• Providing technical and organizational leadership in the development of the TravelClick customer portal.
• Leading the development team in the support of production systems (analysis, troubleshooting, problem resolution)
• Providing organizational leadership to the development team including personnel, technology, and vendor management responsibilities.
• Keeping abreast of developing and emerging technologies and strategies.
• Ability to lead a team through the problem determination process while under duress, and judge the merits of the technical approach/recommendations of the team.
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with strategic vendors
• Creating and maintaining an environment that encourages skill growth, teamwork, and a high level of engagement
• Creating a team that can affectively lead the IT organization in leveraging technologies to provide business value.