Lead Application Developer
The Lead Application Developer is responsible for leading the planning and development of feature enhancements to TravelClick’s customer facing administration portal. This role provides leadership to a team of Engineers, and oversees the participation of these engineers on individual projects. This role requires skills in leadership, planning, coaching, and the technical subject matter expertise necessary to deliver high quality customer facing systems. Skills include technical competencies in ColdFusion, J2EE, Angular, distributed computing, systems development, planning and project execution. This role directs highly technical engineers and requires detail level technical knowledge. This position requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams including application development, testing, operations, and project management as well as business customers and external vendors at all levels.
• Providing technical and organizational leadership in the development of the TravelClick customer portal.
• Leading the development team in the support of production systems (analysis, troubleshooting, problem resolution)
• Providing organizational leadership to the development team including personnel, technology, and vendor management responsibilities.
• Keeping abreast of developing and emerging technologies and strategies.
• Ability to lead a team through the problem determination process while under duress, and judge the merits of the technical approach/recommendations of the team.
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with strategic vendors
• Creating and maintaining an environment that encourages skill growth, teamwork, and a high level of engagement
• Creating a team that can affectively lead the IT organization in leveraging technologies to provide business value.
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related discipline
• Extensive experience in an Information Technology role (minimum 6 years).
• 3+ years of experience leading a web based application development organization.
o Experience with ColdFusion
o Experience with J2EE development
o Experience with systems resiliency architecture and implementation
o Experience with systems capacity management and planning
• Ability to analyze available facts and make priority decisions based on an understanding of the business goals and drivers.
• Personal experience leading the successful design and delivery of enterprise-wide technology application projects involving web based technologies and systems integration.
• 5 or more years deep experience in application architecture, technical architecture and information architecture, including specifically:
o J2EE web Architecture
o Service Oriented Architecture
o 4 or more years experience in software development in an RDBMS environment.
o Demonstrated expertise in various technologies and tools, including Java, J2EE, Web Services, JSON, and application security
• Ability to analyze and learn rapidly changing technologies
• Ability to think strategically and implement iteratively
• Proven leadership and people management skills (minimum 3 years), including:
o Demonstrated leadership including the ability to grow and develop other people.
o Demonstrated ability to manage small high performing teams
o Ability to plan the appropriate resources, and lead the project execution to ensure timely completion or projects
o Ability to manage multiple initiatives
o Ability to size, scope and prioritize opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with IT leadership teams, and with the ability to build coalitions across the IT and business organizational matrix
• Ability to identify process improvements and develop and present a business case.