Revenue Accounting Manager
This role is a key member of the Finance team primarily responsible for technical accounting conclusions and documentation for revenue recognition under US GAAP rules. This role will create analysis and recommend actions as needed, and will work with the sales and service teams and executive management to help drive process improvements where it relates to revenue recognition and reporting. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and manage a group of 3-4 Global Revenue Accountants. This position reports to the Director of Global Revenue and is located in the Schaumburg, IL office.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead the Revenue function, in conjunction with the Director of Global Revenue, and ensure all processes are highly organized and efficient through monitoring and developing or revising as necessary policies and procedures and work systems.
• Oversee the monthly revenue accounting close process including analyzing and approving journal entries, reconciliations and other working papers and analysis.
• Work with Sales, Operations, Pricing, and Legal to ensure proper policies, procedures and ownership in the process.
• Be responsible for identifying and driving improvement opportunities in the Revenue area. Collaborate with other operations management and supervisory personnel to respond to incidents as required assuring minimum disruption of service.
• Ensure proper internal controls are in place and maintained.
• Assist with the external interim and annual audits as it pertains to revenue.
• Work with team to develop measurable goals that strive for continual improvement throughout organization. Develop tools to track timeliness and accuracy statistics so that we can identify areas needing improvement.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across other functional organizations and external business partner organizations. Drive multi-functional alignment to key strategies and action plans.
• Control staffing levels, performance management and staff development.
• Audit, analyze and evaluate financial transaction data to ensure accuracy and completeness. Provide financial system data analysis and maintenance.
• Ensure high level of teamwork and cooperation within team.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
• CPA or CPA seeking is a must.
• 4+ years of progressively more responsible leadership experience.
• Extensive experience in application of US GAAP, specifically in the area of revenue recognition, including multiple element arrangements, Software as a Service, and Best Estimate of Selling Price.
• Experience with full quote-to-cash cycle processes.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work with large amounts of data and identify inconsistencies and problem areas.
• Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems.
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports.
• Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively partner fellow colleagues of all levels.
• Positive team player and ability to meet strict deadlines and deliver on commitments.
• A focus on continuous improvement.