TravelClick is seeking an enthusiastic, self-starter for a role at the front line of our account management and sales organization that is critical to our company’s success—cultivating customer relationships. The Account Management Team Lead will oversee a portion of the Account Management Team members who serve as primary contacts for our clients. We’re looking for an individual who is a results-driven, ambitious entrepreneur who excels with autonomy and strives to make an impact. The ideal candidate must be a strong strategic thinker, highly organized and be able to thrive in a fast-paced team oriented environment with a passion for sales and the hotel industry.
In addition to managing a team this role will also manage a set of accounts directly. They will be responsible for owning the relationship with hospitality clients, acting as the main point of contact for the customers across all lines of business. They are expected to ensure that their customers are gaining full benefit of the TravelClick products purchased, as well as to identify opportunities where other TravelClick products may meet the needs of the customer. This individual will be responsible for supporting sales strategies and plans to maximize sales opportunities and achieve targeted revenue goals within an assigned portfolio.
• Manage a broad and diverse team of Account Managers responsible for assessing client needs and objectives, developing account plans and managing day-to-day needs for a large portfolio of accounts.
• Managing a specific set of accounts and handle all day-to-day communication.
• Create long term scalability and anticipate future needs for the team in conjunction with other Account Management leaders.
• Ensure all staff has the skill set/talent necessary to consult with clients and ensure superior account management across various solutions
• Responsible for coaching and counseling team members to ensure standards are maintained
• Accountable to ensure staff are trained on new technologies and industry best practices for support of digital agency services and other leading TC solutions.
• Responsible for all customer communications, conflict resolution and compliance on contractual deliverables
• Maintain a strong account team through optimum selection, training and development, appraisal and motivational techniques.
• Maintain a high level of organizational flexibility through employee and career path development.
• Continually optimize account management procedures within the department and between other departments to ensure timeliness and quality.
• Responsible for the optimal use of purchased products leading to increased revenue from customer base.
• Ensure team members are conducting regular account reviews with customers to confirm that customer’s goals and expectations are being met.
• Make certain all customer issues are being resolved in a timely manner and that all escalated matters are handled with a sense of urgency.
• Develop and implement successful strategies to meet and exceed individual & team revenue goals (renewal and new).
• Participate in regular training programs to improve performance.
• Develop and maintain a heightened awareness of industry dynamics, emerging opportunities and competitive trends. Identify and capture trends, and communicate findings to clients and leadership.
• 3+ years of experience in a combination of media, account management, sales, eCommerce, and/or marketing or providing services and solutions to hotels in revenue management.
• Demonstrated ability in ensuring achievement of client objectives and company financial objectives by influencing and directing internal product and operations teams.
• Dynamic leader with proven ability to motivate diverse groups of people around a common goal.
• Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure.
• Exceptional relationship management and account management skills required; escalation management skills are critical.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
• Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presenting and business acumen.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
• Strong understanding of customer dynamics and relationship management.
• Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
• Experience with TravelClick products and hotel industry preferred.
• Knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred.
• Revenue Management skills are a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Up to 50%